Grants for Students
Grant Application Process
Phase 1: Discuss your grant idea with your teacher or principal to gain Concept Approval.(Phase 1 is not needed for STARS grants. Please proceed to Phase 2)
Phase 2: Upon Concept Approval, submit the Grant Application
Phase 3: Schedule a Presentation of the Concept with the Foundation Board of Trustees(Presentation is not needed for the STARS Grant)
STARS Grant for Students
The Hamilton Education Foundation Board of Trustees is pleased to announce that the STARS Grants for Students program is available to students K-11 in the Hamilton School District. This program allows students to take advantage of enrichment activities during the summertime.
Application window: January 1 - April 30
Complete the Student Grant Application
Submit your Final Report at the Completion of your Activity or Program by September 1st
A report out will be scheduled for early September.
- Students are eligible for the STARS Grants for Students every year if a different program is chosen.
- STARS Grants for Students are not available for Hamilton credit-based or Summer Opportunities summer school classes, summer daycare activities, tutoring, athletic camps, church or religious retreats/camps, youth organizations outside of the Hamilton School District, private lessons, or seminars or workshops not endorsed by teachers in the Hamilton School District.
- Only students (not parents or teachers) must complete the application form. We recommend that you complete the application on your Chromebook (5th grade and on), print it for your records and complete it online. (If your son/daughter is in Kindergarten-Grade 4, parents may help them fill out the form.) Fill out every question in detail, and do not change or skip any questions.
- When you complete the financial request on page one of the application, please report the entire the cost of the program you wish to attend, as well as the amount you are requesting from the Hamilton Education Foundation.
- Make sure to keep one copy for yourself and give one to your teacher and/or principal.
- Students who have received a STARS Grant in the past and have not completed the required final report will not be eligible to apply for another STARS Grant. This also applies to groups of students participating in a summer activity.
A review committee will make recommendations for grant approvals to the Hamilton Education Foundation Board of Trustees, which will make the final decision for funding mid-May. An email will be sent to all recipients and parents notifying them of their approved grant money. Recipients of STARS Grants for Students will be presented with their grant envelope at school in late May.
The Hamilton Education Foundation would like to express its appreciation to each student, teacher and principal that helps make the STARS Grants for Students program a continued success!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Sheri Pellechia, Chair, STARS Grants Committee (email@example.com)
STARS Grant Report Form
If you receive a STARS grant, one of the completion steps for the grant will be providing a report out early September.
Student Grant for Ventures in Education
Funds innovative, creative educational and/or enrichment projects, workshops, seminars, or programs of study that have been researched, developed and implemented by students under the supervision of a teacher/adviser for classes, organizations, special disciplines, or an individual in an educational experience taking place off campus during the school year. To obtain a Ventures Grant, you are required to complete all four phases of the process (see Grant Application Process at the top of this page).
Direct questions to
Grant Review Committee
Hamilton Education Foundation
P.O. Box 473 |Sussex, WI 53089